Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First meeting tonight.

It's been very rainy here lately which hopefully will lead to tons of flowers blooming for the bees by the time they get here.

Tonight is a meeting of the Maumee Valley Beekeepers Assoc which I will attend and join. I am hoping huband will come along. Severe social anxiety makes things like this rather difficult for me. I'm feeling it in the pit of my stomach already.

On the next non-rainy day I will paint the outside of the topfeeder and put "my" hive where I want it. Since we can't agree on things, hubs will put his in a different location in the yard - which may be helpful for the bees if nothing else they are less likely to get confused between hives - whether or not that makes a difference is yet to be seen.

Meeting people is hard, but hopefully will be helpful in our venture. I also found that a couple at our church has this great website:
http://www.ueitoledo.com/

I don't know the couple yet, but perhaps will meet them tonight. We'll see!

1 comment: