Monday, March 28, 2011

Order placed

I did it. I ordered the equipment to start up 2 hives of bees!  Tomorrow I will order the bees themselves, two four-pound packages of Russians are what has been recommended since we will have a late start in the Spring. Hopefully I can obtain them from a supplier about an hour from here so we don't have to freak out the postal workers - they are under enough pressure as it is!

So in mid to late May I may get to drive an hour in the Prius with 2 queens and 8 lbs of  workers and drones. Anybody wanna ride along??

2 comments:

  1. ME ME ME! I will be done with school for the summer and the kiddos will still be in! Can I go!?!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will call closer to the big day to let us know exactly when to pick them up. I may have to uninvite you if the moneyman wants to come along, otherwise, yes!

    ReplyDelete